Stomach Coldness And Its Treatment
One of the adverse effects of today’s lifestyle is the reduction of the health level of society.
Indiscretions in choosing food, table setting, dining etiquette, etc. has caused countless problems. One of the undesirable consequences of these incorrect manners is stomach problems, including stomach coldness.
In this article we will examine the question of what is stomach coldness and what are the symptoms of a cold stomach and we will discuss and in the following we will tell you the solutions for the immediate getting rid of cold stomach in traditional medicine.
Factors Causing Cold And Wet Stomach Mal-Temperament
Before we know what is cold stomach, we need to know what is its cause? Stomach coldness is caused by the predominance of phlegm on the stomach and digestive system, and to get rid of it, the excess phlegm must be removed from the body.
Among the causes of cold stomach, the following can be mentioned:
- The main cause of cold stomach is drinking water and cold drinks.
- Excessive consumption of cold and wet foods, especially yogurt, cucumber, ice cream, cold water, fish, cheese, etc.
- Consuming cold foods in breakfast such as cheese, tomato, cucumber, cold milk, etc.
- Drinking water or eating fruit immediately after sleep, long exercise, sex, long hunger, etc.
- Consuming heavy and slow-digesting food that the stomach cannot fully digest. Beef, pasta, fruits, beans, most legumes if they are not cooked well, hard-boiled eggs, noodles, pasta, lasagna, etc.
- Prolonged hunger and overeating are other causes of cold stomach.
- Eating fast and hastily.
- Consuming unnecessary snacks also causes stomach cold.
- Consuming liquids with food or with a short interval after food.
- Consuming foods that interfere with digestion with food, such as yogurt, tomato and cucumber salad, etc.
- Sleeping on the stomach is one of the other causes of cold stomach.
- Inactivity, and vice versa, too much exercise in a row.
- Sexual activity with a full stomach.
- Not keeping the stomach and abdomen warm.
Undoubtedly, it is necessary to avoid the mentioned items in order to get rid of cold stomach and improve problems such as indigestion, sour belching, drooling, flatulence, stomach pain, heaviness after eating.
Consequences Of Cold And Wet Stomach Mal-Temperament
Predominance of coldness and dryness in the stomach not only causes stomach problems and food digestion disorders, but also causes many diseases due to the connection between the stomach, brain and reproductive system. All kinds of headaches, infertility problems and delay in menstruation, anemia, etc. are among these. Also, among the symptoms of stomach cold, the following can be mentioned:
- Stomach bloating and accompanying pain can also be another symptom of this disease.
- Abdominal size enlargement.
- Nausea and lethargy.
- Burning sensation in esophagus and stomach is another symptom of cold stomach.
- Stomachache can also be a symptom of a cold stomach.
- Abdominal muscle spasm shows the symptoms of cold stomach.
- Diarrhea or sometimes constipation.
- Note that these mentioned symptoms may vary in each person.
Stomach Coldness Treatment In Traditional Medicine
Cold stomach treatment is very important because it prevents from getting new diseases. Therefore, take cold stomach treatment seriously and try for it. The following methods are suggested for the treatment of cold stomach in traditional medicine:
- One of the ways to immediately cure stomach coldness is to chew food well and concentrate while eating.
- Reducing the amount of food and stopping eating before being full is one of the methods for immediate treatment of stomach coldness at home.
- Rubbing the abdomen with olive oil, mastic oil, Quince fruit oil, rose oil and gently dry cupping the abdomen under the supervision of a traditional medicine expert.
- Among the other ways to immediately treat a cold stomach is regular and moderate exercise, especially before meals.
- One of the other ways to treat stomach coldness is to consume light and easily digestible foods.
- Consuming warm breakfasts such as fruit honey jam, half-cooked egg yolk, almond milk, etc. is one of the useful solutions for treating cold stomach in traditional medicine.
- If you use milk for breakfast, it must be heated and consume with some honey and cinnamon. This is one of the other methods of immediate treatment of stomach coldness at home.
- Consumption of digestive aids with food, such as thyme leaves, dill, mastic, cumin, saffron, etc. In a small amount and of course with the doctor’s advice.
- Fasting, consuming thick honey syrup or a spoonful of honey.
- People who suffer from indigestion, constipation due to coldness, and have a cold body or stomach, should observe moderation in yogurt consumption and should not eat thin sour yogurt in any way.
- Usually, those who have a cold temperament cannot resist not eating, so their stomachs should be warmed first with medicines. Of course, you don’t need to use only medicines to warm your stomach, you can examine the ways of warming the stomach in traditional medicine and use it.
- Our advice to these people is to use warm medicinal herbs such as ginger and cinnamon. Of course, it should be noted that the amount of these medicines is different for each person, but in general, it is better to use one gram of these medicines daily. Keep in mind the contraindications regarding ginger or cinnamon because it may cause problems for you due to continuous and frequent use.
- The combination of peppermint hydrosol and Plantago seed is known as a potion for digestive problems and relieves bloating, spasms and gastritis like water on fire.
Stomach coldness is one of the problems that may appear as a result of wrong lifestyle or self-neglect and it brings many problems with it. Therefore, it is necessary to first know what a cold stomach is and then to treat a cold stomach.
- Persian Traditional Medicine books
- Tabaye website