Finest Carob (Ceratonia Siliqua) Pods for Sale
ACPFOOD is where you can buy Ceratonia siliqua pods. Since we purchase high quality products directly from farmers, we provide and sell bulk Carob pods with best quality to wholesalers, manufacturers and retailers and you can buy it from us with the best price.
St. John’s Bread wholesaler, supplier and exporter
To order Ceratonia siliqua pods in bulk, please contact us.
About Ceratonia Siliqua
It is a plant of the Leguminosae family, a beautiful tree 7 to 12 meters tall, which leaves are compound, consisting of 8 to 10 pairs of reddish-green leaflets, shiny, thick and leather like. The circumference of the trunk of this tree reaches 2 meters. The flowers are petal less, clustered, red or amethystine.
The fruit of Ceratonia siliqua is a long, curved, fleshy pod 10 to 30 cm long, the fruit has a very sweet taste similar to honey, and inside the pod there are 12 to 16 hard seeds similar to lentils. This tree is native to the Mediterranean region and grows wild in Syria, Chamat and Anatolian desert. In Iran it grows only in Fars province near Kazerun.
Ceratonia Siliqua Chemical Constituents
Fruit: about 60% Carbohydrates, 33% Sucrose, 18% Glucose, Tannin and other materials. Vitamins: A, B and D.
Seeds: Fatty oil, resin included Mannose and Galactose.
Locust Bean Temperament
Cold and dry
Locust Bean Health Benefits
- It is a diuretic, cures chest diseases, strengthens the stomach, is beneficial for weight gain and also stops diarrhea.
- Eat 30 to 50 centigram of fruit peel. It is useful for relieving diarrhea and stop coughing.
- Mix Locust Bean pods with milk and drink. It is appetizing and beneficial for relieving cough.
- Rub its fresh extract on the warts. It will eliminate them.
- Pulverize St. John’s Bread pods gently and mix it with Henna, then knead it and cover your head with it. It prevents hair from greying.
Locust Bean Side Effects
Ceratonia Siliqua pods is slow to digest and flatulent, especially its fresh fruit, which has been picked less than one year ago.
- Pulverize and eat it. It is very astringent, it is useful to prevent bleeding.
- Pulverize St. John’s Bread seeds and eat them. It is used both as a laxative and as an astringent.
- Stick it on the wart and it will remove the wart.