Damask Rose Jam (Goleghand And Golangebin)
Damask Rose jam is one of the fragrant and tasty products of Traditional Iranian Medicine. This jam is made of honey and the petals of Damask Rose (Rosa Damascena), one of the most beautiful and beneficial flowers in the world, and has extraordinary healing benefits.
Damask Rose Jam Preparation
- To prepare this traditional medicine product, the petals of Damask Rose (without sepals and other parts of the flower) are first combined with the same weight of honey in layers. One layer of petals, then a layer of honey and so on….
- The mixture should be stirred every three or four days and leave under the sun for forty days.
- In Persian traditional medicine books, this product is called Golangebin, which has warm and dry temperament.
- If, instead of honey, it is mixed with brown sugar or white sugar in equal amount with petals (it is called Goleghand), which has the same effects as Golangebin, only it has less heat and a little more moisture.
- Just keep in mind that if you use dried petals, be sure to wet them with a little pure Rose Water, so that it can be mixed with sugar or honey easily.
Damask Rose Jam Benefits
- It is recommended as one of the appropriate treatments for patients with gastrointestinal problems, neural headache, and migraine due to its strengthening effects on the stomach, brain, and uterus, as well as the prevention of gastric vapors from ascending to the brain.
- Therefore, people with headaches, migraine headaches, constipation, and stomach problems (especially those suffering from problems caused by cold gastrointestinal disorders) benefit the most from Goleghand.
- It is a suitable choice for pregnant women as a reduction in pregnancy craving (nausea) and relief of constipation.
- In Iranian medical sources, Goleghand has also been introduced as a protector of the fetus from abortion.
- It has sedative and soporific effects and strengthens the uterus and is laxative.
- It dries out excess body moisture and especially its consumption after meal prevents rising inappropriate vapors from the stomach to the brain.
- Golangebin (which is made by honey) is more suitable for cold-tempered people, the elderly and those with high brain moisture, and is used to eliminate bloating and facilitate digestion.
- Goleghand (which is made by sugar) is more suitable for young people and hot tempers and diseases such as obsessions.
- Also, in the cold seasons, you can use Golangebin (with honey) daily to maintain your health and moderate your temper.
Damask Rose Jam Consumption Instructions
Adults: 2 teaspoons, 3 times a day, half an hour after meals
Children over two years: 1 teaspoon, 3 times a day, half an hour after meals
- Patients with intestinal stenosis and obstruction
- Patients with unknown abdominal pain
- People who have had abdominal surgery
- Children under two years