Ghormeh Sabzi Recipe
Ghormeh Sabzi (Khoresh Ghormeh Sabzi, in Persian language and Ghormeh Sabzi Instant Pot in English) is one of the most delicious traditional Persian dishes which has many benefits. Because it contains fresh vegetables that are rich in a variety of vitamins. It has beans that are high in fiber and protein, and red meat that we all know has a variety of proteins. These ingredients have many therapeutic effects in Persian Traditional Medicine.
Ghormeh Sabzi Ingredients ( for 4 person)
- 700g leg of lambs
- 1,5 kilos of chopped chives, parsley and fenugreek
- 2/3 cup of kidney beans
- 7 dried lime
- 1 onion
- Fresh lemon juice, salt, pepper and oil as needed
- 4 cups of rice
Khoresh Ghormeh Sabzi Instructions
- First, finely chop the onion, stir-fry it for 5 mins with 2 tablespoons of oil, then add meat and continue stirring.
- Pre-soak red beans in 2 glasses of water for 2 hours. let it boil for 1 hour and then drain it.
- Wash the vegetables, chop and fry it for 15 mins, then add it plus 4 glasses of water and beans to meat. Put the lid on it and let it cook for 2 hours over a gentle flame.
- Stab dried limes and add it to the stew along with salt, lemon juice and pepper. Again let it cook for 2 more hours.
- Wash the rice 2 to 3 times and soak it for 2 hours.
- Fill a pot with water, add 2 teaspoons of salt and bring to a boil. Then drain the soaked rice and add it to the boiling water and boil it for about 10 minutes. Press rice with your fingers, if it gets mashed, drain it.
- Pour some oil into a dry pot and put the rice into the pot with a spatula. Pour 1 tablespoon of oil and 2 tablespoons of brewed saffron on the rice, put the lid on it, and brew it for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Serve the rice on a platter and stew on a bowl and enjoy it.
* For brewing saffron: pour half a teaspoon saffron into the ¼ cup of boiling water and put it on the kettle for 10 mins.