Superior Aromatic Saffron Stigmas and Petals for Sale
ACPFOOD is where you can buy Saffron. Since we purchase high quality products directly from farmers, we provide and sell bulk Crocus sativus with the best quality to wholesalers, retailers and manufacturers and you can buy it from us with the best price.
Crocus sativus flowers and stigmas wholesaler, supplier and exporter
To order Autumn Crocus, please contact us.
About Crocus Sativus
Saffron is the stigma of a herbaceous and perennial plant that reaches twenty centimeters in height. Its stem is white, relatively thin, and its cross section is circular. The leaves are elongated, very narrow and pointed and grow directly from its underground bulb. The flowers are relatively large and purple, and each flower has six oval petals and are completely separate.
The style’s stigma of each flower has three elongated, very narrow, red strands. So that for every hundred thousand fresh Saffron flowers, only one kilo of dry Saffron is obtained. The style’s stigma of Saffron flower has a bitter taste and a very pleasant smell. The best Saffron is red, colorful, fresh, has a thick aroma and a very pleasant and bitter taste. The underground bulb of the Saffron plant is almost spherical, conical and very small and has a brown skin. But inside it is white.
Crocus sativus Chemical Constituents
The color of Saffron is due to a diterpene crocin, which is the gentiobiose ester of crocetin—a diterpene acid having a structure resembling carotenoids. The bitter taste of Saffron is attributed to picrocrocin, a glycoside yielding glucose and safranal on hydrolysis. Safranal is dihydro b-cyclocitral and is the main odoriferous constituent. The bulbs contain four isolectins. Tepals yield myricetin, quercetin, kaempferol, delphinidin, petunidin, astragalin and helichrysoside. Pollen is found to contain crosatosides A and B and kaempferol glycoside.
Hot and dry.
Saffron Health Benefits
- Eat it. Reduces brain irritations, increases urination and perspiration of the skin, enriches the blood and facilitates and accelerates its flow, is useful for expelling measles rashes. It cures stomach and nerve pains, seizures and coughs and hysteria. Expels humors from the brain and nervous system, strengthens the heart.
- Eating it mixed with honey cause enlivening and laughter, it is useful for crushing bladder stones.
- Cooking two grams of it in one liter of water is useful for treating bleeding under the skin and abscess.
- Brew 15 grams of it in a liter of boiling water and drink 2 to 3 cups of it every day. It is tonic and bracing for the body, stimulates and strengthens the liver and respiratory system, strengthens the senses and brain, has important effects in the treatment of menstrual disorders and opens menstruation, and relieve low back pain that is associated with the menstrual disorders. Is useful for relieving stomach cramps and pain.
- Pulverize it as much as a pea every day and mix it with Rose Water and drink it. Relieves gallbladder inflammation.
- Dissolve 2.3 grams of Autumn Crocus in sugar syrup and give it to a woman who wants to give birth to a baby. It makes childbirth easier.
- Pulverize it softly and mix it with pure Rose Water and rub it on the temples from some times. Relieves migraine headaches.
- Poultice it with starch every night. Removes brown spots on the face.
- When children are teething and the tooth area is very itchy, mix saffron with honey or glycerin and rub it on the gums. It will get better.
- Put Autumn Crocus linoleum on the body where is ecchymosis, it will heal.
- Rubbing it on the eyes with Rose Water is useful to increase eyesight, eye conjunctivitis and heal scabies and eye injuries.
- Its suppository is useful for uterine and anal pain.
- If you pulverize it softly with nutmeg and use as a suppository in vagina, it is useful for treating women who do not get pregnant for some reason.
- Mix some of it in spurges milk and poultice it on the aching organ. Relieves pain.
- Pour healthy, uncrushed and high quality Crocus sativus in a closed glass and smell it several times a day. It is soothing and soporific, eliminates olfactory weakness.
Saffron Side Effects
Smelling the soft powder of Autumn Crocus causes severe headaches, dizziness and tremors, eating it decrease the appetite, causes vomiting, causes colic, is harmful to the kidneys, causes miscarriage in pregnant women, prolonged consumption of which cause gaga. It is harmful to the nerves.
Anise and Sekanjebin.